Atlas Corporation
   Home  |  About us  |  Contact
 
 
 

TransHotel






FB СКТМ IATA


Macedonia - Excursions from Skopje
Kokino, Kriva Palanka & Monastery St. Joakim Osogovski – full day

Sightseeing of Kumanovo and visiting the church St.Velikomachenik Georgi in village of Staro Nagorichane. Visit of Monastery St. Joakin Osogovski near Kriva Palanka.
According to the hagiography of St. Joakim Osogovski, the history of the monastery begins in the 12th century, in the period of the Byzantine emperor Manojlo Komnen (1143-1180). According to this information, the monastery was established by the priest Theodor from Ovche Pole, who, after his wife passed away, decided to enter a monastic order. Under his monk name of Teofan he is mentioned as the constructor of the very first temple, where he brought and buried saint’s relics. The monastery was called Sarandopor, according to the area where it was built, a name that means forty dales in translation, and dedicated to the migratory hermit St. Joakim Osogovski, who spent his ascetic life in a cave located in its proximity, at the locality of Babin Dol

 

 

Krushevo, Treskavec, Prilep – full day

Sightseeing of Krushevo – City – museum, the town of Toshe Proeski, a place for an outings, air-spa, ski-center… It is famous of its archaic architecture. The “Krushevo House” is chapter in an architecture studies book. Visit of Monastery “Treskavec” on the road to Prilep. Prilep sightseeing.
About ten kilometers from Prilep, in the arms of the massive rocks of Zlatovrv, there is the church Mother of God's Ascending, which with the dormitory shelters and the dining room of the Treskavec Monastery, provide God's energy and spiritual tranquility to this wonderful picturesque area. The highland offers a clear view of all Pelagonija Plane, the mountains Pelister, Babuna and Kajmakchalan. Treskavec Monastery is believed to have been built in the 13th Century, during the rule of the Byzantine emperors Andronic 2nd and Mihailo 3rd who, according to the writings on the frescoes at the entrance gate, were the first donors to this monastery. It’s complex and diversified architecture points to the fact that the monastery was subjected to be teared down. Most probably, the monastery was renovated in the 14th Century, during the time of the Serb king Milutin. The church has one arc in its basis with a high dome and separated with pillars on a few sides. On the outside, the altar apse is three sided on the east. Under the deep level of plaster walls of the northern chapel, there are frescoes dating from the 14th Century. The porch is also from this century with its two dome towers, placed on the west part of the church. Treskavec Monastery has other valuable artifacts. Most remarkable among them are the ones made in shallow wood carving: the two wing doors and the Emperor's Gate from the 16th Century, then the Kosmitos Cross from the 17th Century. It is worth mentioning the choir seats, the numerous holiday icons and the icons of the Apostles from the 17th and 18th century.

 

 

Prespa Lake & Bitola – full day

Drive along the summer resort of Oteshevo and Mt. Galichica (one of the three National Parks in Macedonia) from where there is a magnificent view of both lakes (Ohrid Lake and Prespa Lake). Visit village Brajchino famous for eco tourism. Visiting the church St. Gjorgji in Kurbinovo. Sightseeing of Bitola and the Pre-Christian city of Heraklea. Walking thought National Park of Pelister.
The Capital of the North Macedonian Region of Lynkestidos is situated in the immediate vicinity of present-day (Bitola). Heraclea was one of the most important towns in Ancient Macedonia. Its foundation (mid 4-th century B.C.) is related to Philip II. The urban image of Heraclea and its development is in the Hellenic, Roman and Early Christian periods. The influence of Rome, Syria and Alexandria are also felt. In addition to the numerous and varied remains which have been discovered so far, today Heraclea is also renowned for its floor mosaics. These mosaics date back from the 4-th century. The motifs on the mosaics are different, vine peacocks, fountain with gushing water, stags, hinds and birds drinking from the spring of life. They all convey the Christian message of inviting the faithful to follow the teachings of Christ, represented symbolically by hunting scenes or representations of the Christian paradise.

 

 

Ohrid – full day

Sightseeing of the old part of the town known by typical architecture, Samuil fortress, the church of St. Sofija, the church of St. Jovan Kaneo, Plaoshnik, Biljana’s springs… Visit of monastery St. Naum and the church St. Naum…
The church of St. Sofia is one of the largest medieval churches on this territory. For a long time it was the cathedral church ("Great Church") of the Ohrid Archiepiscopate whose ecclesiastical authority covered the territories up to the river Danube to the north, the Albanian coast to the west, and the Bay of Thessalonica to the east. The church was probably used as a cathedral way back in the past, in the period of the Czar Samuel who, in the late X century, moved his throne from Prespa to Ohrid. The date of the construction of that church is uncertain because there are no inscriptions that help reveal it. It is also mentioned that today's church was either built or restored during the period of the Archbishop Leo who was on the throne of the Church in the period 1035-1056. Located on the southwestern side of the hill surmounting Lake Ohrid is the church dedicated to St. Jovan Kaneo (St. John the Theologian – Kaneo). It is not certain when it was built and fresco painted. However, a document about the church property suggests that it was built before 1447. The architecture of the church is important when studying the medieval monuments of culture. The monastery of St. Naum is located on the southeast side of Lake Ohrid, in the immediate vicinity of the Macedonian-Albanian border. Its building is linked to the name of St. Naum, the closest associate of St. Clement of Ohrid. Records about the life and work of St. Naum can be found in three literature works dedicated to his life. Towards the end of his life St. Naum of Ohrid built the monastery St. Archangel where he was buried in 910. The church of Naum was similar to the monastery of Clement, St. Pantheleimon, and was built in a trefoil shape.

 

 

Mavrovo, Galichnik & St. Jovan Bigorski – full day

Visit of the National Park of Mavrovo – famous ski center and Mavrovo Lake, Galichnik – typical Macedonian village with tradition. Drive near Radika River. Visit the church and monastery of St. John Bigorski.
It is the greatest cultural monument in the region. The monastery was built in 1020 A.D. The wood-carved walnut tree iconostasis was made in the period from 1830 to 1840 and it is of a unique value in Europe made by the same craftsmen who made iconostasis in the church of Holy Salvation in Skopje - Petre Filipovski and Makarie Frchkovski. Contrary to the church canons, the master of wood-carving carved their own faces in the iconostasis. The beauty of the Monastery complex is in the old buildings with a dining room, all built in the 18-th century.

 

 

Skopje - Matka & Monasteries – full day

Sightseeing of Skopje: Old and new part of the town, Old Stone bridge, the church of Holy Salvation with marvelous wood-carved iconostasis, Mustafa Pasha mosque, Skopje Fortress Kale , Mother’s Teresa house…
The church of Holy Salvation was built in the beginning of the 17th or 18th century, on the foundation of some older church. After the earthquake in 1963 on the south side, it was discovered fresco- painting of the old church which originates from 16th century. In contrast to the exterior of the church, immediately after entering the church, the iconostases present you with a breath-taking beautiful sight. The master piece of the famous Mijaks craftsmen Petre Filipovski and Makarie Frchkovski represents a great achievement in carving, not only within the borders of Macedonia. The screen consists of many scenes from the Bible, geometrical ornaments and details of flora and fauna….
Drive along Treska Recreation Center Treska River Canyon to the Monastery and church of Virgin Mary. Walking to Matka Lake and to the church St. Andrew (14th century), also church St. Nikola Shishevski. Visit of monastery and church St. Panteleimon at the foot of Vodno Mountain.
On the southern slopes of the Vodno mountain, in a chestnut wood 8 km from Skopje in the village of Gorno (upper) Nerezi can be found, where is situated on the most important and oldest monuments from the medieval period in Macedonia, the monastery Nerezi, dedicated to St. Pantelejmon. The area of the monastery garden is surrounded by walls of a later period. The church was erected by Alexis Comnenus in 1164, during the Byzantine rule of Macedonia which came under the Comnenus dynasty. The frescoes date from the time of the construction of the church but there are others from the 15th, 16th, and 19th centuries.

 

 

Skopje Sightseenig – Half Day

Skopje is the capital and the largest city of the Republic of Macedonia. It lies on the upper course of the River Vardar and is located on a major north - south Balkan route between Belgrade and Athens. The city of Skopje has been for the first time mentioned by Claudius Ptolomeius, under its ancient name of Skupi…
To discover more we are offering this sightseeing.
During the sightseeing will be visiting the old railway station which is serving as a city museum today, the museum of Mother Theresa, square Macedonia, passing the stone bridge we are entering in the old part of the city, the Daut pasha bath, old bazaar, Kapan an, church of St. Savior, Mustafa pasha mosque, fortress Kale and museum of Macedonia with the ethnological collection.

 

 

Surounding of the city Skopje

St. Panteleimon and lake Matka with cave Vrelo
On the slopes of nearby mountain Vodno stands the famous church of St. Pantelejmon from 1164, decorated with frescoes of exceptional artistic value. The Lamentation of Christ, also known as Pieta, is the earliest representation of St. Mary with human features. The sorrow she feels for losing her son was for the first time represented on this fresco, thus heralding the Renaissance.
After visiting the monastery we are driving to a beautiful canyon of the River Treska, to visit the lake of Matka, where is the cave Vrelo, the deepest underwater cave in Europe, and probable in the world too (exploring in progress).
The Treska canyon is vertically cut into the massive of Suva Mountain. The geological features of the park reflect in the hard karsts ground in the area. The different karsts formations in the canyon, such as the flutes, valleys, cracks, crevices and caves, have been formed by long term and impact of the Mountain Rivers, as well as great temperature oscillations.
In the surroundings of the Treska Canyon one can find dozens of caves. The most beautiful ones are the caves Vrelo (The Spring).
On the shore of the lake is also beautiful monastery of St Andry, the brother of last Macedonian king Marko. This monastery was built 1389 and is filled with frescos of a great artistic importance.

 

 

Kokino The Megalatic Opservatory and Church St. George in Staro Nagorichane

Kokino is an important archaeological site and a megalith observatory discovered in 2001. Kokino consists of two parts. It includes special stone markers used to track the movement of the Sun and Moon on the eastern horizon. The observatory used the method of stationary observation, marking positions of the Sun at the winter and summer solstice, as well as the equinox.
Kokino has been nominated to be included on UNESCO’s World Heritage Site list.
The importance of the site was confirmed by the U.S. space agency NASA, which placed it on its list of ancient observatories.
The church was first constructed in 1071, and reconstructed between 1313 and 1318 by the Serbian king of at that time, Stefan Milutin. During this reconstruction period, the church's walls were painted with frescoes by Mihailo and Evtihij, the famous Macedonian fresco painters.

 

 

Archeological Site Stobi and Wine Region

Stobi was an ancient town of Paionia, later conquered by Macedon, and later still incorporated into the Roman province of Macedonia Salutary (now in the Republic of Macedonia). It is located on the main road that leads from the Danube to the Aegean Sea and is considered by many to be the most famous archaeological site in the Republic of Macedonia. Stobi was built where the Erigón river (mod. River Crna) joins the Axiós River (mod.Vardar), making it important strategically as a center for both trade and warfare.
After visiting the archeological site, a vinery will be visited with vine presentation and visit the carnival for starting the season of grape harvesting.
Kavadarci is one of the best known wine growing towns in the Balkans as well as in Europe. The wines Smederevka, Kratoshija, Vitach, Country white, Aleksandria and others are produced in the wine cellars of the plant Tikvesh and have been awarded many international awards. They are the pride of the Macedonian wine production.
The town of Kavadarci is the centre of the Tikvesh area which got its name by the old settlement formed at the mouth of the River Tikveshica and the River Crna. The numerous objects made of Roman bricks point to the fact that it was an old Roman settlement, where the 17th century records confirmed its existence in the year 1378.

 

 

Kratovo And Monastery of Lesnovo

Kratovo is a small picturesque town in Macedonia, one of the regions' living museums. It is the seat of Kratovo Municipality. It lies on the western slopes of Mount Osogovo at an altitude of 600 meters (2,000 ft) above sea level. Having a mild and pleasant climate, it is located in the crater of an extinct volcano. It is famous for its bridges and old architecture.
In the vicinity of Kratovo is the monastery of St. Gabriel Lesnovski, hi lived a life of asceticism in the tenth century at Kratovo on Mt. Lesnovo, where he built a church dedicated to the Holy Archangel Mihael. Several other monks joined him, and this was beginning of Lesnovo Monastery. He was a miracle-worker during his life and after his death. The beautiful church located at the present day monastery was built by Despot Jovan Oliver. The monastery interior is decorated with frescoes and folkloric motives such as the scene showing the folklore dancing with local instruments. The wooden iconostasis was carved by the masters who made the iconostasis of St. Spas in Skopje.

 

 

National Park Mavrovo and Monastery of St. John Bigorski

Kratovo is a small picturesque town in Macedonia, one of the regions' living museums. It is the seat of Kratovo Municipality. It lies on the western slopes of Mount Osogovo at an altitude of 600 meters (2,000 ft) above sea level. Having a mild and pleasant climate, it is located in the crater of an extinct volcano. It is famous for its bridges and old architecture.
In the vicinity of Kratovo is the monastery of St. Gabriel Lesnovski, hi lived a life of asceticism in the tenth century at Kratovo on Mt. Lesnovo, where he built a church dedicated to the Holy Archangel Mihael. Several other monks joined him, and this was beginning of Lesnovo Monastery. He was a miracle-worker during his life and after his death. The beautiful church located at the present day monastery was built by Despot Jovan Oliver. The monastery interior is decorated with frescoes and folkloric motives such as the scene showing the folklore dancing with local instruments. The wooden iconostasis was carved by the masters who made the iconostasis of St. Spas in Skopje.

 

 

Western Part of Macedonia Tetovo and Leshok

Tetovo is a city in the northwestern part of Macedonia, built on the foothills of Shar Mountain and divided by the Pena River.
The city covers an area of at above sea level and with a population of 70,033 citizens... It is home to State University of Tetovo and the international South East European University, with both having Albanian as the primary language of instruction. The city of Tetovo is the seat of Tetovo municipality.
According to a legend Tetovo means "Teto's place" and myth has it that the town was named after the legendary hero Teto, who supposedly cleared the town of snakes.
Another etymology of the name Tetovo is that it comes from the Slavic word "hteti" meaning: wanting, wanted. Hence, the name Tetovo comes from its original roots Htetovo or a "place where we want to live"
Wonderful landmarks of the Oriental culture include the Turkish hamam from the 15th century, the Arabati Baba Tekke made famous by the dervishes, and especially the Painted Mosque, decorated in Turkish baroque style.
The Monastery of Leshok is 8 km outside Tetovo. Laying at 638 meters above sea level it is located on the southeastern side of the mountain Shar Planina. In its complex are the churches of St. Athanasius of Alexandria and the Holy Mother of God Church (Church of the Holy Virgin). The Church of the Holy Virgin, built in 1326, is an excellent example of Byzantine style and architectural tradition. The church has three layers of frescoes. The 1st and bottom layer is from the first time of construction, the second and middle one was added sometime in the 17th century, and the third and top layer was added in 1879. Several marble columns from the original church can still be seen in the Tetovo museum. The monastery dormitories were redecorated from around 1818 and the library was founded and Leshok became a literature and educational center.
The church of St. Athanasius was built in 1924 next to the Church of the Holy Mother of God. In the yard of the Monastery of Leshok is the tomb of the Yugoslavian educator Kiril Pejchinovikj, who was born in 1770. In his honor, this monastery hosts an International Meeting of Literary Translators. Tetovo is also a host to the Festival of the Macedonian Choirs. Today the monastery dormitories have been restored and are used to accommodate summer tourists.

 

 

Eastern Part of Macedonia Strumica and Neighborhood

Strumica is located in the south-east corner of Macedonia. With its population approaching 100.000, Strumica is the major cultural and economic center of south-eastern Macedonia.
The clear star-covered night skies have landed the name to this southern Macedonian town. Namely, because the star-filled night sky covering the Strumica valley, in the antiquity this town was known as Astraion (The Town of Stars) and the local people called them Astrai. But the name did not persist for long, since the town was renamed Tiberiopolis, after the Roman army commander Tiberius. After the colonization by the Slavs, however, the town took its modern name Strumica. There are several versions about the reasons for this name. One of them is that the name is only a Slavic translation of the old name Astraion.
But most people believe that Strumica was named after a beautiful young woman named Struma. The Tomb of Struma is located in the village of Veljusa.
A dare is more to see.
Built on a rocky plateau, the monastery of The Holy Mother of God Eleusa is located in the village of Veljusa about seven kilometers west of Strumica. The monastery was founded in 1080 with the personal means of the monk Manuel, who later became Episcope of Strumica.
The church complex “Saint Leontius” is about four kilometers west of Strumica in the village of Vodocha. The oldest building in the complex is the early Christian basilica dating from the 5th and 6th Century. The complex consists of three churches, the oldest of which is the eastern one. Its triple apse domed church, built in the 6th and 7th Century, was destroyed after the fall of Tzar Samuel’s state. Parts of its altar apse, proskomide (or prothesis) and diakonikon still remain. Its oldest fresco shows an unidentified saint from the late 10th Century. The western church, a small cross-shaped domed structure, was built in the period between 1018 and 1037, and was dedicated to the Presentation of the Holy Mother of God–Euless.
Smolare Waterfall is the tallest waterfall in the Republic of Macedonia, falling from a height of 39.5 metres (129.5 feet). It is located above the village of Smolare in the Municipality of Novo Selo in the southeastern region of the country.
The waterfall is part of the Lomnica River and is located deep in the Belasica Mountain at an elevation of 630 meters. Crashing down the smooth, black rock face, and surrounded by 100-year-old beech trees, this waterfall is visited by tourists throughout the year.
To discover more come whit us to visit Strumica.

 

 

Panoramic Flights

Stenkovec – Matka – Stenkovec 20 min flight
Stenkovec – Vodno’s pick - Stenkovec 30 min flight
Stenkovec – Ohrid – Stenkovec 100 min flight
Stenkovec – Prilep – Stenkovec 80 min flight
Stenkovec – Bitola – Stenkovec 100 min flight
Stenkovec – Shtip – Stenkovec 70 min flight
Stenkovec – Petrovec – Tirana – Petrovec – Stenkovec 180 min flight
 



 
Copyright ©2009 Atlas Corporation . All rights reserved.
Contact: e-mail: contact@atlas.mk, tel: +38923290600, Address: 27 Mart, 10, Skopje
Visitors: